As a member of the EU and the Commonwealth, Malta provides peace of mind for those who wish to invest or retire on this beautiful island. Malta boasts of a stable economy and a sound political climate. Rich in history and culture, Malta offers a robust financial services regulatory framework, state-of-the-art healthcare services, and high-level education. It is the destination of choice for entrepreneurs and investors.
The main applicant fee can vary between €650,000 and €1 million, due to government charges and citizenship application fees. The figure may increase slightly should the application be extended to other dependent family members.
The current investment options in Malta are:
- A non-refundable contribution of at least €650,000 to National Development and Social Fund
- Purchase of €150,000 in government stocks/ bonds
- A property transaction, which can include a purchase (for a minumum of €350,000) or a rental (for a minimum of €16,000 per year), held for five years
With this programme, the Government of Malta seeks to attract high-net worth individuals of good character.
- Maltese citizenship can be acquired and extended to all dependent family members
- Visa-free travel to over 160 countries, including Schengen area, UK, USA, Australia and Canada
- Legal status to live, work and study in any of the 27 EU countries
- Additional benefits in the UK as a citizen of the Commonwealth
- No permanent residency required
- Attractive tax incentives
- Right to own property in an EU member state