Are you a high net worth individual or a budding or seasoned entrepreneur? Are you looking for alternative residence and citizenship and would you like to relocate to British waters? If the answer is yes, the Isle of Man offers two very attractive investment visa models.
The Tier 1 (Investor) Visa
This is a route designed for high net worth individuals looking to make a substantial financial investment to the Isle of Man. In order to qualify you must:
- be 18 or over to apply for this visa
- have money of your own, under your control, held in a regulated financial institution, and which is disposable in the Isle of Man, amounting to not less than £2 million
- have opened an account with an Isle of Man regulated bank for the purposes of investing not less than £2 million in the Isle of Man
The Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa
This programme is designed for those who wish to establish, join or take over one or more businesses in the Isle of Man.
In order to qualify you must make a successful initial or extension application within Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), you must score the required number of points. The awarding of points will be conditional on you providing supporting evidence where appropriate.
There are different eligibility requirements depending on whether you have access to £50,000 or to £200,000. You should satisfy yourself you meet the requirements of the immigration rules before making an application.
Closely mirrored to that of the UK’s immigration legislation, the Isle of Man offers a number of welcome modifications and tax benefits which together with its jurisdictional attributes make it an attractive proposition for those looking for alternative residence and citizenship.
Why choose the Isle of Man?
The Isle of Man is a jewel in the Irish Sea and offers the necessary peace of mind as well as numerous advantages to both entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals:
- Economical factors
- Politically stable
- Low inflation
- Continued projected growth rate
- Diverse economy
- European time zone
- Internationally endorsed regulatory system
- Range of financial assistance available to businesses
- No capital gains tax, no inheritance tax, no wealth tax
- Low tax regime – personal tax rates 10% basic, 20% higher
- 0% corporate tax
- Tax Information Exchange Agreements with over 55 countries